Monday, January 28, 2008

Camelot Comes To Harlem

I grew up listening to my Mother wax poetic about how altruistic the Kennedy's are.

My grandmother had three commerative plates on the wall, hung in a place of honor: White Jesus, Martin and Kennedy.

They are not southern or southern baptist or black but the genuiness of their spirit has, for numberous reasons, spoken to our community for generations now.

So as I sit here today and hear the Kennedy family effectively hand over the torch of their legacy to Barack Obama I am afraid that I may be dreaming.

Win or lose, this man not only looks presidential today - he looks like great American history in the making.

And who would know what that looks like better than a Kennedy?

Live stream: http://www.cnn.com/video/live/live.html?stream=stream1

No comments: